Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Persistence

Elder Adam
10-27-09: Last week we were coming down a huge hill from the top of our area (our entire area is on a hillside) and I talked to this guy and his friend on a scooter at an intersection. They were cool but took off when the light turned. I pedaled after them and caught them, to their surprise at the next light and started talking to them again. We got a little further and I was testifying of Joseph Smith when the light turned green and they waved goodbye again. Now I was ticked. I rode as fast as I could, screaming down this hill on the highway. They made it a long way ahead of me but I rode fast. Six intersections later and just over one mile down the road I pulled up next to them and tapped them on the shoulder. They just about wet their pants. I told them to get to the side of the road, which they did. I testified, took their information and referred them. It was sweet to see the look in their eyes when I caught them and they listened very intently as I spoke.

Elder Pietr
Recently our apartment has had some GINORMOUS cockroaches. I've thought about putting together a little UFC = "Ultimate Fighting Cockroaches." We have several investigators who are preparing for baptism. Many of the people here haven't the slightest idea what prayer is. Many of them have a belief in a supreme creator, but believe that (if he does exist) he is much too above us to have anything to do with meager earthlings. When I share with them that they can have a relationship with their Heavenly Father, that he loves them, and through sincere prayer they can communicate with Him their eyes light up with wonderment and the Spirit is very present.