Isaac's response to the thorough tongue lashing they all received right around chore time.



Clara's response to being sent to her room "for the rest of the week," right after the thorough tongue lashing, right around chore time.

Both were slipped under my door during two of my several time-outs. What a day. Glad it's over.
5 comments:
i really hope by tongue lashing you meant yelling. cause i'd hate to be the only mother that freaks out on her kids when they are being obnoxious and disobedient. i have you on such a pedestal, i'd really appreciate if you could knock yourself down a tad. thanks.
Ho ho! I'm afraid I must have deceived you badly. If there ever was a pedestal, I've burnt it to a crisp and blown away the ashes and now dwell in the deep hole that is left! I, my husband, and children will be the first 8 people to tell you so.
Yes, I meant that I yelled, and yelled, and chased little people around brandishing a wooden spoon in each hand. Finally I ended up yielding to my temptation to put everyone in their rooms and just do the chores myself and enjoy peaceful quiet productivity for once. Being a mom is hard. And I'm sorry to say that I would probably not pass the quality control test. Good thing there's night time when the kids (eventually) fall asleep and I can peek in on their sweet slumbering faces and decide to like them again...
whew, thank goodness. though if i had six i'd have a way better excuse to come unglued...
Your comment was as good as the post itself :)
Last night I was trying to have a conversation with the YW president when she said, "oh your little girl is crying do you want me to let you go?" I said, "Oh no, she is supposed to be cleaning and she doesn't want to. I am ignoring her." To which the YW pres replied, "I have a little girl like that...except she's 21."
Why didn't I think of the wooden spoon in each hand trick :)
You mean I'm not the only mom who has, ahem, rather mixed success during chore time? And who needs regular time outs to recoup? ;o)
I love the wooden spoon image . . . lol I can only laugh because I've been there (but without the spoons).
And, as strange as this sounds, reading this makes me feel like we really need one more child in this family. How odd is that?
Post a Comment