William requested to be called "King Wilhelm" for the day, "because it sounds more kingly," he said.
Here Will lovingly holds the precious Superman card his daddy picked out for him.
Sporting his new floaty.
He opted out of wearing the birthday crown. Instead, he decided to simply wrap streamers around his head. "That's plenty, Mom."
Below is the sign that Isaac transcribed for Will in an effort to protect his newly acquired birthday goods. Too bad James, who is the worst offender, is exempt from this warning since--sorry William--it's his room too. For everyone else, watch it!
Happy 4th Birthday, William. Enjoy it because your folks aren't going to let you turn 5!
P. S. And I'm happy to report that Will was in such good spirits the whole day that nobody was uninvited to his birthday--though he did threaten it a few times.
5 comments:
Be still my beating heart. I love that boy. And his whole family for that matter.
I remember when this little man was in your tummy as we did much violin recital-ing together. He's a doll. We have those floaties in this house, they are the BEST.
Your kids are growing so fast! I can not believe William is four! I remember you being pregnant with him and giving me piano lessons:) Audrey is so beautiful! And it is so fun that Isaac is already old enough to get baptized. Your family is so fun! I think I may need six kids!
Wow! I'm impressed that NOBODY was uninvited. I thought surely after an entire year of threatening that someone would be OFF the list. He must have been having a moment of compassion and maturity (now that he IS 4).
Happy Birthday King Wilhelm!
Easy in, easy out. That's Will's motto. We've all been uninvited for minor offenses, but then find ourselves back on the list when we share our dessert with him. I'll be interested to see how much mileage he thinks he can get out of this tactic.
Post a Comment