(I had to throw in this one of her fussing. She's so cute when she cries--like a little froggy.)
Afterwards we all came home to enjoy the superior company (if I do say so myself) and to eat a picnic taco salad lunch and pre-celebrate Isaac's baptism. Thank you, all my sisters, for doing EVERYTHING! In the evening, we headed back to the church to participate in the climactic event. It was a wonderful service. Talks were insightful and interesting for everyone (Dad, we've had several references to the dog who obeyed his master. They listened! Nick, the light still works...) and the music was beautiful. Isaac seemed to take quite seriously, at least his version of serious, the promises he was making. I was happy that he had such a rich experience.


Grandpa and Auntie Rivka are always hits!
The Mikkelsen girls, and Scarlett. The aunts (including Auntie Alison and Annalea who are not shown here) sang a song for Isaac about baptism.
We were able to take a rare family picture of the entire Mikkelsen family to send to the missing brothers Pietr and Adam who are in Taiwan on missions.
All in all it was a beautiful day. We love our extended family. We are grateful every time we are with them that we could be so blessed with those associations, both on the Allen and Mikkelsen sides. They are wonderful examples of how to be good and live happy lives.
And, our first complete Allen family photo (soon to be replaced by one with a more svelte, less post-partum mother, hopefully. Give me a few months!).
Most of all we're thankful for our little family, the various personalities and strong little people that have been sent to our home. It is an overwhelming responsibility sometimes, but we are confident that we're not alone in this pursuit of real happiness and righteousness.
7 comments:
What a beautiful family. Congrats on the blessing, baptism, and everything else. And Anna, you look stunning, as usual.
xoxo
What a beautiful experience full of spiritual moments! I feel so thankful to read wonderful moments like this and see what a wonderful example you are and your family. You are such a wonderful family truly, thank you for you example. Your daughter is so pretty and Congratulations to Isaac's for a very special day!
Beautiful baby!!! Sounds like an awesome day. And Anna, I wish I looked as good as your post-partum any day of the year!!
Congrats on a big weekend! You are such a beautiful family. And, by the way, you do not look like you've even had a baby!
Anna...why didn't your sisters let you in on the "wear only black" memo?
Sounds like an amazingly memorable day & I wish I could have been there in person.
Congrats to Isaac & Audrey!
(I'm loving Clara's sideways eyes...I needed a good laugh today :)
Cutest family ever! Audrey is beautiful! It is nice that you have so much family all around!
P.S. I checked out the Color Code after you mentioned it...more on that later. :)
A beautiful post, I very much enjoyed reading it. And a beautiful small?! family:)
Post a Comment