Michael's new associate is officially here and running. Last night we had the official open house at M's office welcoming Dr. Townsend and his family. Michael has officially scheduled himself a four-day weekend twice monthly-ish, and I am officially allowing myself to hope that all the strain and stress, the heartache and headache of the last decade will finally yield the dividends that we were betting on. At the risk of sounding exclusive or overly personal, very few can really understand the hardships of this little trail we've explored. I have been asked many times if I would do it again. I generally just laugh and minimize it--the asker wouldn't understand the answer anyway, so why open the heart to a wall? It would just sound like whining, and I don't whine. But, I don't know. Would you try bungee jumping again after having the bungee break on you the first time? You survived, didn't you? Ask me later when my growing pains don't smart so much. I have no idea how Michael would respond to that question. All I know is he smiled when he mentioned that he was going to have his receptionist block out next Friday for no reason other than spending a longer weekend with his family, and that I've been fielding fewer and fewer questions from the kids about what day dad's going to be home. I think it's safe to say things are going to be okay. It's official.
3 comments:
oh-we are SO happy your day has come!! what a wonderful day that you have looked forward to for so many years!! one day we will be there with you, but it aint gonna be this day ;) congratulations to ALL!
As someone who understands exactly what these years have entailed (well, minus a few kids!), I say hooray for the new associate. Enjoy the extra time with that husband of yours. We miss y'all!
Anna = trooper x a million. So glad things are finding a rhythm.
Post a Comment