I had taught the kids a poem for Family Home Evening a few months ago (which we recite occasionally when a manners offense has been committed). The other day I was headed downstairs, and as I neared the kitchen I heard a wee voice chanting it:
"The Goops, they lick their fingers.
The Goops, they lick their knives.
They spill their broth on the table cloth,
Oh, they lead disgusting lives.
The Goops, they talk while eating,
And loud and fast they chew.
And that is why I'm glad that I
Am not a Goop, are you?"
I felt a small swell of pride as I rounded the corner, my little one applying the lesson he had learned so well... until I spotted the singing kitchen gnome.
6 comments:
I thought my mother was the only person who knew that poem! I had forgotten about it. Maybe I should teach it to my kids... no, wait! Maybe not!
I have an old Goop book! I'll have to see if this poem is in it!
This is adorable!
I made Dan come read this story with me because I thought it was hilarious. Of course I think pretty much everything you say is hilarious! I'm so glad he's naked...the effect wouldn't be the same if he wasn't :).
Oh and I can't wait to try the hummus recipe...I love hummus. Why does the store bought stuff have so much fat in it? Your recipe doesn't have any oil at all?
pride goeth before the fall.
or in your case, before the naked tummy and buns.
James spotted himself as I was scrolling down to the music, "OhhhhhI am dere. Momma, dat's Jameps. He peeped and yicked da yogurt. Hahaha!" Funny little muskrat.
This post just made my day.
Post a Comment