Titus, O Titus!
First friend and then foe,
Tell us the truth now,
Deep down did you know?
That when you went psycho
Your fate you would seal—
And shortly you’d feel
The edge of cold steel?
Titus, O Titus,
How sad was your lot!
Titus, O Titus:
The Elk who was not.
Then we have Snowball
Who crowed far too much.
His Little Man’s Syndrome
Got him out of touch.
Before you could see
Two flicks of her wand,
Mom turned him to Elk,
No chance to abscond!
Snowball, O Snowball
Prince of the Unthought!
Snowball, O Snowball:
The Elk who was not.
Posthumously teach us
The lessons you learned
In order to keep from
Our lives being adjourned.
Phoenix, be weary,
And Henwyn alert!
Spooky, you watch it,
And Sphynx, don’t be pert—
For one thing is certain,
And this is that:
If Mom calls you “Elk”
You had better scat!
Or before you know it
You’ll roast in the pot,
Your epitaph reading:
“The Elk who was not."

5 comments:
I just realized that I am not always sure which one of you is posting to your blog. (It is rare, but I just re-read one that was obviously Michael, but I didn't realize it the first time 'round) You are both so clever with words...reading the Apache Adoption Agency is a favorite pastime of mine...thank you. :)
Ha! You can always tell when Michael has written the post because it's actually worth reading! Sadly though, he averages about one post every six months or so. We'll take what we can get, huh? I love catching up on the beautiful Edwards family too. We sure do miss you guys and your mini-Amber kids.
I want to eat me som' Titus.
In my country where I come from is special time of year when all come place together for feast of much flesh. You have country too? “To comprehend not is one grief.” (Saying in country). This Titus warm companion? Common Phrase Dictionary say "'Elk' common misspelling for 'Eek!' among busy person." Maybe you busy with small child. Eek! (freindly joke for you!)
I always enjoy visiting the Apache Adoption Agency. Thanks for sharing so much of your lives.
Post a Comment