Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Your Movie Library Is Not Complete

Just some recommendations from the akmallen vaults:

When I was growing up one of my very favorite movies has become one of my kids' favorites.  What is this magical production, you ask?

To watch the preview of this 1974 classic go HERE.  No home library is complete without it.

And for you adults out there, a movie your kids will hate, but you will love...
For the preview, go HERE.  It is a refreshing polar opposite from the likes of James Bond--rather than killing, it's about living.  Instead of merely ending a broken relationship, it's about repairing and repenting.  A wonderful story.

1 comment:

Birrd said...

That's funny-- I just told Afton she HAD to see "The Straight Story." It's one of my dad's absolute favorites.