Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dream

I always hate it when people tell me their dreams (except for J. Anderson.  Your's are funny and you keep the summary to two sentances).  But after a particularly hairy week I had this dream, and the longing lingers with me, so take a whack at this one, Joseph... 

Michael approached me early one morning and said, you look frazzled.  I'm going to take the kids for the entire day and you can do whatever you want.  I'll see you tonight or tomorrow.  He kissed me, then I watched the loaded car wind down the driveway through the pasture and trees, enter the road and speed out of sight.  I sat for a brief moment and brainstormed with myself on what I'd most like to do.  It was easy.  I slipped into my working duds, pulled on the old galoshes and tromped out to the barn, where I was greeted by the fragrance of alfalfa and old manure and the soft wholesome sounds of early morning animals.  I coaxed my sweet jersey from her stall (my affection for this little cow was very real) and tied her to the ring.  Then I pulled up a stool (which, of course, was padded), metal bucket in hand, leaned my head against her warm belly and began to milk her.  It was like taking the first breath after holding it through the long 405 tunnel by the Portland Zoo.  Ahhh, real life!  Am I pathetic or what?

2 comments:

Annalea said...

That's a beautiful dream, Anna. :o) What real life is made of!

Norris Fam said...

I wonder what the interpretation of that dream would be?

I hope you get your jersey real soon...