Pietr, January 31, 2010
I've left my abode in XinDian AnKang. I love that place. It was a ghetto little piece of city nestled in steep-cliff mountains covered with thick jungle. I saw MANY miracles there, to share a few:...
One day Cui I were contacting in a park & I saw an apartment building across the river & thought to go there & knock a bit. When we got there, we had several doors to choose from (each door leads into a complex of probably 50+ apts.) We rang one of the 50 doorbells, and someone let us in without checking to see who we were--Cha Ching!
We started knockin' the complex without much luck, when we only had 5 min. left, Cui said, "K, just knock the ones that feel good we only have a few minutes."
"This door seems good." We knocked & met a college-aged girl, gave her a tract & welcomed her to church, expecting nothing of it... Next sunday she showed up! & started meeting with the sister missionaries. She will be baptized this month! It's a great feeling to be a sharp RAMBO knife in the hand of the Lord.
I learned a lot from Ciu Zhanglao (the Korean), mostly about patience & learning to yield to others. It's interesting to hear perspectives from people in other areas of the world, especially from Korea. Most of the world moderately to strongly dislikes the American government.
And tidbits from Adam:
A big thing happened this week in the history of the church in taiwan. Another stake was organized in
Gao Xiong and my area went form a district to a stake. The stake was organized by Elder Watson of the Seventy. I have met and been interviewed by him and he is awesome. He was very emotional and related how when he served here as a missionary 45 years ago there wasn't even a ward in all Taiwan and now he was organizing the 11th stake, how amazing it is!
In other news, I contacted a black man the other day. He had a deep black man voice and spoke only chinese and it was one of the weirdest things I have ever experienced.
We had a meeting in Gao Xiong on Thursday . That morning there was a 6.3 earthquake, the second of my life (the first was in my last area) and tons of fun. I was sitting in the chapel when it happened. I heard people outside running out of stores and yelling. Babies! I thought it was lots of fun. Not any significant damage that I heard of so don't be worried.
1 comment:
I love the updates on your brothers, even though I don't know them...they are too funny! I love the breastmilk pen. :) Oh, and p.s., when you started telling about your dream, I thought you were first telling about your real day, and I thought, wow, Michael, what a champ! Great dream though. I don't think you are weird, you are just a true...pioneer type, maybe? :)
Post a Comment