Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Good Wife's Guide

My new mission statement (borrowed from my sister Rivka's blog):
Found in:I love that it says, "She has the courge to be happy..." Reminds me of what my dad said all the time growing up: that nobody makes you mad or happy, only more or less inclined to be the way you've already decided to be. The Good Wife's Guide in its entirety you will find on Rivka's blog. It's a great read and I second everything my sister says!

6 comments:

Holly Ogden said...

I love that Anna! Words to live by.

J said...

That all sounds just peachy and sickening. I don't think I am very "lovely to look at or be around" I prefer to be bearable to look at and fun to be around :)

Norris Fam said...

That sounds like a lovely lady I know in Roseburg, Oregon who has 6 kids! She is always lovely to be around and is definitely lovely to look at. I just wish I could see her lovely face more often :)

Anonymous said...

At first I read that and just laughed (well really it was more like a pffft) but then I read it a few more times, and I actually really like it...but I'm gonna aim for at least looking lovely on Sundays. The rest of the week I just can't guarantee! ;-)

Keri Blue said...

I'm going for "not too smelly to be around"

I don't know about this though....I may have to skip shaving for a couple of days now out of rebellion. ;)

Love your Dad's quote!

Elizabeth said...

I love that, thanks for sharing!