Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Singing

I just had my eyes checked and they dialated them and now I can't see a cotton pickin' thang! I ran across this little tidbit, and even though I can't see it right now, I think it sounds funny. The kids had been making quite a racket, so finally I came around the corner with my camera to see what was up. Pardon all the underwear...

One of my favorite things is when my kids sing together. Minus the song they made up as we drove to church two Sundays ago, after I accused them of making their mother crazy by being naughty (do you ever feel ganged up on??). So they began to compose: "We are naughty, yes we are. We are naughty, we'll go far. See your favorite vase go smash, see your favorite plate go crash. Naughty, naughty, naughty kids, yes we are..." There was a tune and many verses. It was funny and disturbing all at once hearing them chant in unison, each child taking a turn thinking of naughty things that rhyme...as if it was in their blood... Michael and I just shook our heads and laughed.

4 comments:

Norris Fam said...

I love William singing along just so he can be apart of the big kids. Please do a recording of the 'naughty kids song' I am dying to hear it!

Chace & Rivka said...

My favorite is Will's little gag when he mixes up "big and fat." Ahh Annie, can't wait to see all my favorite little albinos come April. Keep posting. You always make my day. DF.

Amber said...

Anna! I loved to see your kids in video! They are so cute, and have such cute personalities!

Kristal said...

Yay! I'm introducing TOm the Toad to my children. We usually sing the same 3 songs for FHE...Baby Fish, book of mormon stories and baby fish again.