Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bad Day

We've had a veritable eruption of bad luck these days which reminds me of the story of an unhappy man. Things were so rotten for him he thought he'd "do himself in." As is the popular method in the British Isles, he decided to swim out into the ocean until he couldn't swim any more and drown. However, during this morbid swim he was stung by a jellyfish, and his screams of pain attracted a nearby fishing boat who promptly saved him. Poor guy. Sometimes just nothing goes right. Sheesh, can we just start this whole lousy day over again (or week in our case!)? There's my complaining for the day.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! How did you find my blog?? Your blog is awesome and you guys look great!
Melanie

Mauri said...

Jen Mietus and I were talking today about how much we miss you! Your blog is so funny and it helps me remember what it was like to have you here playing with us. The hair post is killin' me....SO, SO hilarious! (Sorry that was your life and now I am laughing at it...)

Holly Ogden said...

Sorry about the run of bad days. Hope things improve soon. Just look on the bright side, at least you don't have hair issues any more!

[BrookeO] said...

holyFREAKINGannaallen...is that you!!!
AND 5 little kiddos, cutest kiddos I must add.
I just spent a good chunk of time catching up on your latest and greatest...hope you don't mind.

Brooke Oldroyd
bmoldroydatyahoodotcom
(email me for an invite to mine!)
Oh and I'll be back...mwa ha ha!!!

Harshes said...

Hey Anna, saw you linked on Kristal's blog! How ya been! You are as beautiful as I remember! I came across some old pics of Tatum and Clara recently...so cute. They have grown so much! Hope all is well. Stop by and say hi!

January

Laurie said...

I need to give you a call. Once every 3 years just isn't going to cut it anymore. Hope things are going better. I'll call so we can chat about it...if you're in the mood...and I know you are.