Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Friday, August 15, 2008

10th Anniversary

After 10 years of matrimony, we found ourselves tonight wondering, over two large plates of delectable pasta, where the time went. Then we wondered how it could possibly have been only 10 years? I have the good fortune to have married above myself to a man who is honest, interesting, and the hardest, most focused worker I've ever met (which, because it is so opposite from me and my flea-like attention span, has occasionally driven me crazy). So, after finding myself 5 kids richer and 10 years older and wiser too, I believe my feelings can be summed up by the magnet, which I gave to Mikey on this special occasion:

5 comments:

The Ross Family said...

congratulations on 10 great years. That is really a great accomplishment. And 5 kids, I just have wow to say.

Jeannetta said...

LOL, I want a magnet like that!
Congratulations on 10 years! We just hit 27 this year. It only gets better!

Norris Fam said...

Next year give him the one that says, "Make your own damn dinner"...he'll love it!

Congrats you two crazy kids!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! We still have three more years of marital bliss and two more kids to go before we catch up . . .

MKMT said...

where can i get one of those (the magnet, not the blond)?