Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Wish Lists

One of the things I most look forward to during Christmas is receiving the annual Christmas wish lists provided to me kindly by my children.  They are always informative, though not usually in the way they are intended to be.  I keep them as safe as I keep the Christmas pictures.  Here are some highlights (my thoughts are in italics):

Jacob (deprived)
-ipod, cell phone, x-box with games... (and pretty much any electronic item that has thus far eluded him...)
-BYU stuff
-chocolate enrobed caramel macadamia nuts from Costco
-a novaform pillow (like Auntie Mim's)
-everything else on the list was preceded by the word "cool."

Isaac (obsessed)
-a ripstick
-a basketball
-about 8 accessories and food items for his beloved lizards, Topaz the club-footed leopard gecko, and Draco the giant bearded dragon

Clara (destined to be disappointed)
-candy (lots of it)
-gum (lots of it)
-a cornsnake or lizard (babies)
-the little filly that grandpa has
-the pony that grandpa has
-a male cat for Primrose to mate with
-a ferret
-my own room
-a maid
-a servant
-a cook
-good (non boring) books
-anything awesome

William (pretty much guaranteed to get everything on his list, since it was three items long...except maybe the neverending supply of magazines.  So never mind.  He's getting two things for Christmas.)
-red light bulb for lizards (for Snare, his leopard gecko; also on Isaac's list)
-neverending supply of KIDS magazines
-Lego set

James (now Jimmy's list was actually helpful, giving us some realistic ideas of what to get the boy for Christmas, but here were some funny ones...)
-big gumball machine
-big pocketknife
-garbage can in my room

Audrey (Clara acted as scribe, writing down exactly what Audrey said)
-a little bouncy ball
-a basket full of cars
-a michanical gumball sprouter-outer
-1/4 of an inch toy piggy
-a very beautiful skirt with pants (since I always make her wear pants under her skirts during the winter)
-a dove that will never grow up
-a kitten that will never run away or grow up
-a pet turtle that doesn't bite or swim
-a dog
-a horse
-a dog riding on the horse
-a real train
-a little door

A little door?  What do I do with this?  Good thing these kids are sweet, and any complaining is easily curbed with a casual reference to Duddykins.  What a fun time of year this is!  Good luck with your Christmas preparations, Gentle Readers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful family Anna!! Thanks so much for the Christmas card and congratulations on your new sweet baby girl!! Let us know if you are ever in our neck of the woods. :)
Love, Angie and Family

MKMT said...

So did he get the pillow? Auntie Mimi can pull some strings for his birthday...

Allens, Inc. said...

Yes, he got it. He said it was one of his favorite presents! Is this boy easy to please or what? Thanks for inspiring such a pleaser by accidentally leaving your pillow here!