"Dear _______,
Thank you for the ______. I love the way it looks on my _______. All the kids at school will be so jealous I have my very own _______...."
So I battled the form letter and told them it would probably be nicer to send a custom thank you note. Then Clara said, "If all we need to do is say that we got the present, why not just write, 'Dear ______, I got the _________. Love, Clara.'?" I told her that was called a receipt. Not really the spirit of what I was going for. However, this one squeaked by me:

Sassy girl. Needless to say, the process took WAY too long, and all my stores of patience were overdrawn. When the last period was written, I sent them to bed with dirty teeth and a kiss. Then I went over the letters. Alas, I was naive to think the job was over. Isaac, was called back downstairs to redo the note to his Primary teacher.
Try #1.

Recognize this? I realized why he and Jake had been giggling at the other end of the table.
Try #2.

I stopped him mid-sentance because my sense of humor was completely gone.
Try #3.

He was tired by then so he just did it. "Fine. Go to bed." Then so did I.
6 comments:
I want to be a fly on the wall at your house. I would be laughing all the time, and therefore be a very happy fly. I love the progression of the cookie sketch. The keeper note has a bite eaten out! Ha ha!
Anna... I love reading your blog. It's hilarious. Your children truly are clever and good for you for not letting them get away with it LOL. So cute. The note is precious. I am sure you think it's funny now.
Anna, I would have been sorely tempted to let him send the first one. :o) Ditto with the second.
You're a heroic mom for ensuring thank you notes are written. I'm not nearly so good . . . maybe next year . . .
I didn't even think about writing Christmas thank you's. Just the thought give you (and the kiddos) bonus points (regardless of what the card says)!
I am ashamed about my lack of Christmas thank yous. You are awesome. Man your kids are clever...I wonder if I have stiffled my children's cleverness, or if it is just not their thing. :)
OH.MY.GOODNESS. Seriously too funny--truly laughed out loud! I would have sent out that first note from Isaac!
Post a Comment