One thing I was always conscious of growing up is how much my pop liked being with his kids. It delights me to know that he enjoys his grandchildren just as much, and to see their unfeined joy at being with him. When we were visiting a couple of weeks ago, I asked the kids whose ward they'd like to attend on Sunday. Grandma's and Grandpa's was the unanimous choice. I asked why they liked going there so much and they each had their reasons.Isaac: "Because Grandpa scratches my back through the WHOLE sacrament meeting. He's the best scratcher ever. Sorry, Mom, but it's true."
Jacob: "Because last time we were in Primary and the chorister asked Grandpa (the primary pianist) to play the tune to Love Is Spoken Here and he played the Star Wars Theme. It was awesome!"
Meg: "Because I'm planning on pulling my tooth out during church today and I'm pretty sure they'd like to be there for it." (She pulled it out during sacrament meeting. I'm afraid the speaker played second fiddle to that show. Lots of blood, even more enthusiasm, and a personal tour of her mouth to anyone interested.)
Will: "Because Grandma's the VERY BEST Sunbeam teacher. And, she usually talks about lizards when I'm there."
So we went.
2 comments:
I can remember way back when your dad played the piano for primary and your mom was the chorister. I mean to tell you that had to be the very best duo I have ever seen in that position. I miss them and their cheerful, upbeat and loving touch. You are so lucky and blessed. Hugs Jody walunas
I'm glad I was there too. My favorite part of that day was the little heap of bloody, wadded up tissues piled on the floor under our pew at the end of the meeting (glad I noticed it!) AND Jacob's determined look as he jerked Meggy's tooth back and forth until the prize was won! AND of course your amazing duets with Dad in primary. AND the menagerie of critters that mom brought for sharing time. AND filling in for dad in sacrament meeting and scratching Isaac's back the WHOLE time! A day not soon to be forgotten!
Post a Comment