Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Girls

How I love my two girlies. A little something about each of them:
While driving through our neighborhood one day Clara Megsie-pooh spotted a little boy riding his bike. "What! What's he doing riding a two-wheeler? He's younger than I am!" she said indignantly. We came home from our errands and I went upstairs to take care of Audrey. Jake, who was up chatting with me, happened to look out the window and exclaimed, "No way! Mom! Look at Clara!" There was the Megster zipping up and down the street with no training wheels. I ran out to watch her and she sped by with the biggest grin you've ever seen. Upon coming home she had immediately gone to Michael's tool box and found herself an allen wrench that fit the bolt, took off those training wheels, and hopped on her bike for her first ride on a true two-wheeler--all while I was changing a diaper!
She drives me nuts sometimes, but oh how I admire this little girl!

The other day I was doing my chores when I suddenly heard Audrey upstairs screaming bloody murder. I ran up the stairs thinking someone had knocked her off the bed or dropped something large onto her. As I entered the room a quick look confirmed she was on the bed and no one else was in there. What could be causing this screaming of pain? I ran to her and the laughed out loud. She had the meanest death grip on her own cheek, and the more she screamed the harder she squeezed. I pried off her little hand and she immediately stopped crying and smiled at me, showing her sweet dimple in the middle of a very red cheek.

6 comments:

Jeannetta said...

That is EXACTLY how our Meg learned to ride her bike.Nicholas was riding his, and he was a good year younger!
Good memories, and good for her!
Poor little Audrey, how darling though ;)

Chace & Rivka said...

What spunky girls you've got. I wonder where they get it!? Can't wait to see them soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woodside's said...

Clara is so brave! She is deffinately independent! Audrey is so cute!

Holly Ogden said...

That Clara is one amazing girl. And Audrey is such a beautiful baby. You are lucky to have such beautiful and fun girls.

Laura C said...

Clara was very excited to show me, wearing a dress of course, her new skill :).

She's such a fun little girl!

MKMT said...

Nan, this picture of Audrey looks SO much like you as a baby! You should do a post with your baby pictures side by side - I love my darling little niece!