Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Friday, May 22, 2009

Bike rides and baby names

While we were out doing yard work a few days ago little Megs thought it would be fun to take her brother for a ride. So she hooked up the bike trailer to ... herself, and dragged him around the block.She was a little worried that her "real" bike, the one with training wheels, would fall over with all that weight, so she opted for her old bike and belt loop, helmet and all, just in case.Wish I had a video to attach because it looked so odd and hilarious, with William in the back yelling, "Faster, faster!" and Clara's legs spinning in furious little circles.

Update: No baby. This little creature is apparently having too much fun in it's warm cuddly cocoon. Too bad the sentiment is not requited. But, since we have the time, Mikey and I have been talking about names. Does anybody out there have any good suggestions? Boy and girl? First and middle? You might just get a prize (like our unfailing gratitude) if you suggest the winning name!

13 comments:

Amber said...

I am enjoying our Marik's name...You live on the other side of the country, so you can use it if you'd like. ;) You could do the spelling I had wanted origionally -Merrick ...no thoughts on a middle name..Merrick David Allen (I am not good at names...David is Marik's middle name. :) I am stumped on a girl's name...several years ago I wanted a Maya, but it became quite popular. I hope he/she comes soon! Good luck!

Amber said...

Oh, by the way, Marik is the Norse version of Mark, so it was our way of having another Bible name like David's family, but not as common.

Jeannetta said...

We just got a new grandson this morning, the name choices are Eliot, or Oliver. I love them both.
My girls here are wanting to use Henry some day.
For girls, I love Olivia, Hannah, Esther.
I needed more children in order to use all the names I love!
Best Wishes, I hated being overdue.
<3

Whitney said...

I was just saying to Justin, "I'm sure there's a new baby Allen by now" but I guess I was wrong.

Ivy's name ideas:
For a boy:
Lucas
Owen
Junior
Luke
For a girl:
Mariposa
Abby
Duchess
Marie

that's all, she says.

Whitney's ideas:
Lincoln (Link Allen sounds good)
Lancaster
Karl
and I don't think Justin would mind if I gifted you his favorite name (since I won't be using it): Ulf

For a lass:
Violet (love that one)
Clementine (J wouldn't let me use that for Ivy's middle)
Rose
Sharon or Susan (love the Parent Trap so much)

I guess I'm into botanical names.

Hope that baby comes soon! Love you!

Whitney said...

Okay, and P.S. we LOVED the Judd's album when it came out. That song just came on from your playlist and I was shocked/embarrassed/awed that I could sing along to all the words...

Allens, Inc. said...

Hmmm, lots of food for thought. So far I'm thinking Duchess and Ulf are the winners. Isaac has suggested the androgynous Leetle. Why is it SO hard? I am currently in labor, so my creative juices are redirecting themselves to imagining that this will end some day and that I won't die in the process. I'll keep checking comments/suggestions though (partly to distract myself) so keep 'em coming!

Norris Fam said...

Ok...the Norris family suggests the following:

Dan says:
boy- Thor, Hans
girl- Greta

Carrie says:
boy- Evan, Craig (after grandpa)
girl- Sophia, Leah

Sydney says:
Jack

Kallie says:
Alex (boy or girl)

I'm so excited and nervous for you...keep us posted!!!

Staci said...

Not very much help with the baby names, but I wish you well during your labor and a speedy recovery!!

scooping it up said...

Crap, you probably have the baby so I can't help now. But I LOVE the name Malcom and Miles for boys, and Myra and Martha for girls. Can you tell I am stuck on M? Can't wait to hear!!

Kelly said...

I was thinking Patience might be appropriate... seeing as she took so long tp make her arrival (Clara, I am thinking possitive!)
I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to hear about baby's safe arrival! Love you!!!

Meredith said...

I'm probably too late too, but I like Meredith for a girl. It's such a beautiful name. Meredith Sally Allen sounds nice. Or Meredith Audrey, or Meredith Josephine. Do you see how it goes with everything?
For a boy, I always liked Cole (I'm being serious now). We almost named our third son Penn because we liked it so much, but thought it might be cheesy since we were moving to Pennsylvania and Jim was going to UPenn. It's his middle name instead (Wesley Penn). Good luck! You're a pro at this, right?

kristal said...

Mae for a girl and Jack for a boy. Easy, one syllable and never gets old. Bam!
Just start pushing...seriously, 11lbs hurts, don't let him get that big!!!

Marcia said...

Kipany if it is a girl. That is a new one for me but I guess I could get used to it. Can't wait to get the good news! We love you. Auntie Marcia