Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Six

At 11:58pm on the 22nd of May, 2009 Anna delivered an 8 lb 12 oz baby girl. As always, she did amazing. No hurling of profanities or objects. No ear splitting screams. Mother and baby are healthy and well. For two days this little thing was referred to by the nursing staff as 'Six' because we didn't have a name for her. Saturday morning at breakfast I asked the kids if they thought it was a boy or a girl. Before any real fights broke out I had Clara read my hospital bracelet.

She was the most excited for a baby sister.
The rest of the crew was pretty excited as well. Even William and James.





After careful deliberation, we decided that she looked like she could provide road side assistance or maybe generate energy for small electric devices, so we named her. . .
Audrey Anna Allen And we feel very blessed to have her be a part of our family. She has a welcome quiet and sweet disposition. Thank you all for being so interested.

















28 comments:

Meredith said...

Yay! Congratulations to you all. Do I get a prize for mentioning the name Audrey in my list? Anna, I am officially burning all the hospital pictures of myself after giving birth; you look incredible.

Whitney said...

Anna--you are stunning. Little Audrey is so lucky to have her family! Michael, I'm not sure about the facial hair. Welcome to that sweet baby! Love the name, btw. I can't believe you didn't go with "Duchess"--we were crossing our fingers.

Jen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! The Mietus boys and I would like to welcome little Audrey to an absolutely fabulous family. We love and miss you!

Norris Fam said...

3 cheers for little girls! What a sweet thing she is...is she your biggest baby? I couldn't remember what the others weighed in at, but that seemed a little bigger than your others.

Congratulations to the entire Allen family (even their mountain man father :)!

Annalea said...

Hooray, and congratulations! As my midwife would say: "She looks like one of your babies." :o)

Am I the only one, or do Jacob and Isaac look like twins in the photo with Michael?

And I completely agree with Meredith (Hi!) and Whitney--I'm not sure it's fair for you to look so good after having a baby.

Enjoy these next few weeks! (You do have proper help, do you not?)

Ashlee Marie said...

Congrats! I sure am jealous! I love that baby stage. She's a beauty.

Marcia said...

Anna, Michael and family, Congratulations! Another beauty for your amazing family. We are so happy for you. Way to go!

Woodside's said...

Congrats Allen's! She is beautiful! I am looking forward to more pitures of this adorable gal!

Staci said...

What a great name! Congratulations to the Allen family!! (And especially Clara)

scooping it up said...

Oh Audrey, Clara has been waiting a long time for you! Congrats Allen bunch. Lucky baby, lucky family.

Jeannetta said...

Oh Congratulations! I'm so glad you weren't serious when you said "Arliss" way back! I love Audrey, we have an Aubrey.
In fact Aubrey gave birth on Friday to her first--Elliott.
Congratulations again, and you look fabulous, I should hide all my hospital photos!!
<3

Birrd said...

She's beautiful! I love her! And I will forgive you for having her on my birthday and not naming her after me since I love the name Audrey!

May 22 is the best birthday ever. The stars are definitely lined up for this girl. Keep an eye on her, she's going places!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you all - especially for Clara that she has a beautiful little sister. I hope you're feeling well - you certainly look marvelous! :)

-Lindsey

Susan Burnett said...

22 years ago on that same day I too gave birth to a beautiful girl... Angela Faye Burnett. This year was her golden birthday (22 on the 22nd). Hooray for little girls who grow up to be even more beautiful. How blessed we are to be mothers. Congratulations, Anna.

Kristal said...

Congrats on the teentsy tintsy baby! She's adorable! Fantastic name too!!! Can't wait for #7!!!!! hahahaha...isn't that a fun thought right now.
Um, and did Michael right this post? Because if he did you need to let him know that it's FINE if there are ear curddling screams during child birth...especially if the damn head is 16". Ok, that's out. I had to get that out, cause I screamed louder than I knew I could when I delivered that 2 year old a few years ago!
Back to Audrey! Great job, great baby, perfect family, keep em comin!

Julie said...

Huge congratulations!!! She is beautiful!!

Just Us said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little baby girl.
You look amazing Anna.

Kelli said...

Congratulations! Hooray for Clara who now gets a sister! So excited for you all! She is beautiful!

Sheri said...

We loved the pictures... Congratulations on Audrey... We hope to be able to come to the blessing when the time comes.. Keep us posted.

Love Brian and Sheri & family

Bjorn to Rok said...

Hip Hip Hooray!! She is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her. You look amazing Anna! Sure love you all.

Holly Ogden said...

She is so sweet! I bet Clara is thrilled about having a sister. Congratulations!
I love the picture of you with all 6 kids. You are amazing.
Man, I wish we lived closer.

Laurie said...

A sister for Clara!!! Congratulations, my supermodel friend! You're finally not pregnant anymore--I'm so happy for you!

Grandma & Grandpa Allen said...

Grandpa and I are delighted with her beautiful name. We only wish we could be there with you and have a chance to hold her and welcome her here. How special for her to be a triple "A".

We send our love as we felt close to you by the great pictures of the family and our new little granddaughter.

We love you all. Give that little James an extra hug from Grandma.

J said...

Party!! If I was a better blog follower I would have known before play group that you had given birth. Hurrah for a baby girl.

Kelly said...

Hooray! YAY!!! Congratulations! We're so happy for you guys! (Especially for darling CLARA!) Love you!

Mauri said...

yay! a sister for princess margaret! adorable...the baby and the name...not the facial hair. ;) (on michael...not anna...) best wishes as you begin a more chaotic and wonderfully joyful life together with your precious little ones!!! wish y'all were here so we could share in the delight and snuggling of baby magic scented audrey!

Amber said...

How exciting! A girl! Anna, you look amazing! You are wonder woman, that is for sure! Congratulations you guys! :)

[BrookeO] said...

Congrats! I could not be more happy for you.

xo