Wonderful short video by President Hinckley posted on two friends' blogs (thanks, Barry and Carrie). Well worth watching--good FHE lesson. Good life lesson.
It reminds me of a time when we were in Texas for M's residency. Money was very tight, of course. It was Christmas Eve night, the kids were down, and Michael and I were putting finishing touches on our pathetic little production. The door bell rang. When we opened the door we found an enormous gift bag spilling over with presents for the kids and a generous gift certificate to Wal-Mart for us. We were amazed and appalled. Michael's first words were, "Whoa, I guess we really do qualify as a service project, don't we? It never occurred to me." Despite the relative humiliation of seeing our situation from that perspective, we were grateful for people who are kind and aware. It made us want to be so.
1 comment:
How fun to have chickens! I remember the days when I use to take care of our neighbers chickens. So fun to read 25 new things about you! I actually think you look a lot more like your Dad. He is very handsome. You are very beutiful! Sure hope that your pregnancy is going well!
Post a Comment