Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

While flipping through a book on Norman Rockwell we came across this festive little painting. Thought we'd pass it on with our best wishes for you and your families!
And, of course, Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without Michael's annual family poem...
Merry Christmas to you all! Love, the Allens

Our thanks to Norman Rockwell for the painting, which we thoroughly enjoyed butchering. And thanks, Keri, for helping me!

11 comments:

Birrd said...

This is THE FUNNIEST Christmas card and letter I have seen this year!!!! Fabulous! And I didn't know there was going to be a Thing Six. That's wonderful! Very wonderful!

Norris Fam said...

Got mine yesterday...loved it! Can't wait for Thing 6!

One day I'll come to your house and we can look for our marbles together!

Kelli said...

Anna, I had no idea thing 6 was on it's way! Congratulations!!!!

Jeannetta said...

This is SOOO adorable!!
Congratulations on Number Six! We are excited you are catching up to us :D

Holly Ogden said...

I loved the card I got in the mail. You Allen's are such a creative bunch. I cannot wait to hear how Thing 6 adds to the mix! Congratulations.

Amber said...

Hooray for the annual Christmas letter! Fabulous! Congratulations on your upcoming baby! You are amazing! Happy New Year!

Keri Blue said...

You're welcome! It was fun! Now that I see it's made it onto your blog, I'll get going on putting it on mine! Didn't want to spoil the surprise!! ;)

Congrats again on the new baby!

Laurie said...

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVED your card. How the heck did you do it?

And CONGRATULATIONS on #6! You have officially surpassed all friends we know in baby-bearing. Can't wait to see if you were successful in cloning a second girl!

Marcia said...

Dear Anna, You make me smile out loud! Love you, Auntie Marcia

Staci said...

Congratulations Anna! When are you due? We sure miss you guys! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Jen said...

We love and miss you crazy Allens. Congrats on your big news. So much for catching up to you!