Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

When I Grow Up...

While taking Jacob to Scouts I asked each of the kids what they wanted to be when they grow up. I do this periodically because it changes frequently, and it always makes me laugh in that "these people are delightfully strange" sort of way. Here were tonight's answers:

Jacob: "You know what I want to be, Mom--a professional mascot (inspired by Matt Nelson's brother). Or if I can't do that because, let's face it, you only need so many mascots, then I want to be a veterinarian."

Isaac: "Well, I did want to be a garbage man, but not anymore. Now I want to be a pinenut harvester and I can call squirrels like Mr. Weathers (our house painter) taught me. [Proceeds with mad squirrel sounds.] Or maybe I could be someone who saves people's lives at the swimming pool...

Clara: "A kid protector. Like, if a little kid is lost I'll protect them and help them find their mom. I also want to fly airplanes."

William: "I'm going to be a lissard. I will be named Fire Pixie. Everybuddy will play with me or else I will be angry and I will nether, ether invite them to my berfthday party..."

4 comments:

Norris Fam said...

Tell Jacob he could be a vet to pay the bills and a professional mascot at night and on the weekend just for the PURE JOY in it!


I think I'll call you right now...dialing...

Julie said...

Your kids crack me up! Probably because they remind me so much of my kids.

Jeannetta said...

Your children absolutely crack me up! They are so funny :D

Laurie said...

Clara's response is darling.

P.S. CRACKED up at the latest quote of the day.