worth millions one day.) Jacob is going into FOUTH grade this year. Sheesh, where did my little midget friend of yesteryear go? Now, he's a responsible intelligent young man. All except for this: Yesterday morning I saw Jake pawing at his head trying to extract a few strands of stubble. Once he'd gotten some he stirred them into a cup on the table, full of nasty pinkish concoction.Me: Why are you pulling out your hair? Why are you putting it in that glass? What, what in the world is that?
Jacob: It's polyjuice potion, mom, what else? I'm turning Clara into me because she's too annoying being her.
Clara: Yeah, then I can pee outside easier, like them.
Of course, I don't think that being a girl has kept this one from doing anything she wanted to do, including peeping outside, unfortunately. So she drank the stuff with nose plugged. Then they waited, and waited, and the sister stayed the same. "Guess we did it wrong. Sorry, Clara."
It is so rewarding watching Jacob grow up and be able to interact in a different way. I can have real and meaningful conversations with Jake. He has something to contribute besides just making me laugh because of his weirdness. Marjorie Hinckley once said, "Being a mother at any age is a blessing, but as we age and our children become interesting and productive adults we really begin to savor the joys of the harvest, the fruit of our labors. How could we have known when they were young and the demands so constant that we would ever have the luxury of simply enjoying their loving co
Above, Jacob turns baby James into a puppy, instead of dressing him like he was supposed to. Oh brother! (That's what James is thinking.)
3 comments:
Love it! What an adorable boy. Looks like he's full of mischief...just how boys should be!
I remember when you were pushing little Jacob around in a stroller at coral ridge. He is all grown up now...strange how time flies like that. It sounds as if there is never a dull moment at your house. I gotta meet Clara. SHe sounds awesome.
Hey my cute cousin! I love your blog. Can't wait to see you guys!!!
Post a Comment