Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Friday, July 11, 2008

William

Whilst all the kids sleep I decided to highlight my favorite third son. William Craig is the definition of resolve. Never a dull moment when he is near. The boy refuses to falter in his determination to be, say, mad. Or happy. He came barrelling out of the house frustrated over a broken water gun this morning while I was talking to the paint guy (white house going blue--that's for another post though...) and demanded that I help him fix it. I said, "Whoa there, kiddo. That's not how we ask for help." He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, then in the sweetest voice, "Mother dear, could you flease help me fix my little broken potter gun?" (Accompanied by a very forced smile.) It put the paint guy into fits.

William has a favorite pair of socks. Don't know where he got them--I don't claim any responsibility. He wore them out completely. One day we were at Clara's gymnastics class and Will slips off his shoes to dance around with the others. Any pride I might have had regarding my kids' appearance was gone in one fell swoop. I took a picture when we came home, then the socks disappeared. I have entitled that photo "The Foot Speedo." Enjoy the various sides of William...

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I just want to kiss his little face. He is so yummy. I love his mad face.

Norris Fam said...

I'm pretty much crazy about that kid! I love that his baby brother can torment him to the point of tears!

Gotta love a nose-picker picture too...

Lindsey said...

I loved your story about William! So cute! I'm going to have to try the "Mommy dear" with my boys. :)