Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Clara

This girl is oozing quotable quotes, but I'll try to contain myself and only do a couple a day. Here was a funny one: We were discussing a neighbor on whose true gender we can only speculate. Clara, with a sigh, "Well, I guess we'll just have to check."
We were out doing yard work one afternoon and our neighbor (Dick, whose name I like to say with emphasis) across the street was working in his yard also. Little Clara wanders over to their back porch and, seeing his wife lounging with a soda, says with a speck of indignation, "Hey, how come you get to sit here while your dad does all the work?"

People ask occasionally if we're planning on having another baby to "try for another girl to even up the odds." My response: Believe me, the odds are even.

2 comments:

Norris Fam said...

She's a cutie that's for sure! And I think you're right...the odds ARE even, at least from what I saw :)

Julie said...

Hey, Anna! I'll have all kinds of fun reading your funny blog! Looks like things are going well for you. And way to go with the home improvement projects. Looks great!!