Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Sunday, January 17, 2016


You know it's true love when the two-yr old, gesturing to the wad of blue gum that irrepairably stuck in her hair during naps, says sincerely, "Do you want it? You can have it if you want to, Mom!" When I politely decline she shrugs her shoulders and begins chewing it through her hair as she trots off. Oh Pippi! Why are you so yucky, and why does it make me even more in love with you?

Incidentally, here's the twerp at dinner tonight drinking her water in a newfangled way. It didn't work out so well...

1 comment:

Kristal said...

I love that you love yucky kids too! I get shunned by some for letting my kids be so gross, but I love when they're a disaster! They're kids! They're soo cute and gross!!!!! gum hair, don't care!