Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

During Sunday School a couple of weeks ago I was asked to read a scripture from the Old Testament.  I replied I could not, my dog ate my scriptures.  They laughed.  I did not.


Alas, I spoke truly.  My dog really did eat them.  Swallowed several pages.  In an effort to save her from certain destruction, Clara pleaded, "Mom, please try hard not to kill Gretel.  She didn't mean it! They just looked so tasty to her!"  This is especially sad for me because these were the set my folks gave me at my baptism nearly thirty years ago, and there are markings and thoughts contained in them from my childhood venturing into the world of doctrine, manifestions of real spiritual work and study.  Now is my opportunity to get another set of scriptures, introduce myself and make some memories with it...

2 comments:

Kristal said...

Oh my gosh! This cracks me up! And I've read it about 3x! It's time for you to blog! I LOVE being inspird by your fun family life!!!! I've given up FB for good, and gone back to blogging and being a mom that actually comes up with fun stuff to do wtih my kids again, so I need your guidance in being a good mom!!!! Get back on here! For the sake of the Mulders!!!!

Amber said...

Oh, I would be so mad! One more check in the why not to have a dog. My family will force it though. If only I knew they would take care of it as promised and no scripture eating shenanigans would go on...