Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Scripture Vocab

Sweet and pious Willy sat by me reading his scriptures during the sacrament meeting a few weeks ago.  Leaning toward me he whispered, "Mom, what does this say?"
"Concubine."
"What is that?"
"Let's talk about it later."
More reading.  "Mom, what does this say?"
"Harlot."
"What's that?"
"Later."
More reading.  "Mom, what does this say?"
"Abomination.  Later."
"Mom, what is this one?"
"Whoredom.  Will, let's stop reading for now."



Grandma was correct when she said it is a great tragedy that William should grow up.  By the way, if this cucumber slice was found at the scene of a crime, whose dental records do you think it would match?

2 comments:

Norris Fam said...

Dan and I both got a good laugh about this one. You should really write a book you know!

How was your trip? I need to call so I can hear all about it.

Annalea said...

This could have been straight out of my mom's hilarious "Especially for Mormons" books. We used to read the humor sections in those and laugh and laugh. What a great story! (You do realize that you need to publish your blog into a family history book for your posterity, right?)