Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Monday, July 16, 2012

A Close Shave

Evening brushing as usual... or was it?

 Clara: "WILLIAM!  STOP!  That is not going to get your teeth very clean!"


Of course, this little mistake was an underhanded pitch for the siblings and spawned a slew of unsavory comments that earned more than one person a dishonorable dismissal to bed.

As I said, it was a close shave.

1 comment:

Annalea said...

lolololol! That actually happened to a friend's mother-in-law when she visited. These friends were known to be super-frugal, and the mom thought it was just some off-brand toothpaste, and came out of the bathroom complaining about how gross it tasted. lol She didn't have her glasses on when she went to brush her teeth . . . ;o)