Friend: "How was your Christmas?"
Me: "It was actually a pretty stressful season for me this time around."
Friend: "Yeah, I noticed you didn't get to the Christmas cards this year."
Me: "Nope. I got half-way there, then devoted the rest of my Christmas card making time to a nervous breakdown instead."
Friend: "I'm sorry to hear it. We were all waiting on pins an needles for the announcement of another Allen. It's about time, isn't it?"
Me: "Well, let me announce it over the phone then..."
May I introduce Heidi, the 1 1/2 yr old greyhound/collie (technically a lurcher).
How is Seamus the guard cat with her? He was tentative at first, but quickly warmed to the benefits of a friend with a penchant for cat food. This works because he prefers dog food.
How have the kids responded to the added work of feeding, and caring for a dog?
They have embraced it. Half the blanket closet was lining her bed the first night. We've since had a little talk about the role of fur...How has she responded to six lively kids having never had exposure to children before?
No problems. I think we struck it rich with this girl.
Friend: "Was she the cause of your nervous breakdown?"
Me: "Ironically no. She was the result."

7 comments:
She's beautiful! You really did hit the jackpot . . . she looks like a great dog for the family. :o)
Oh she's beautiful! My favorite is Clara reading on her <3 love.
Congratulations! She looks like a beautiful dog. My kids are jealous!
Oooo, thanks for putting pu pictures of her. (And of Clara reading Mrs. Piggle Wiggle!) I like her!
Congrats!
Coincidentally, I almost had a nervous breakdown this Christmas as well.
I think in my blog post about it I used the term "unhinge-i-tude."
Gladly, it did not result in a dog this year, but one never knows. There is always next year. :)
Darling pics!
and OH MY GOSH. Your oldest officially is a Man Child Clone of his father.
I am totally freaked out by that picture on the sidebar.
OH, I love your new pictures of your kids! I was starting to think...wow, just how many variations of Michael can there be? Then, I believe you are coming through with the last three, Anna. :)
Sorry that you had a nervous breakdown. I have those quite a bit. :) I think David is hoping one will result in a dog one of these times. :)
Post a Comment