Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Strife

"Awe, don't you just love love?"  Name that movie...
A note I found on my bed after realizing that Isaac was MIA.  Never to worry, he reappeared shortly afterward to see if I had gotten the note and to check if Jake was still here, spotted lunch preparations, and decided it wasn't worth it to be homeless. 

I remember running away when I was about 7.  I made myself a sack dinner of pears and saltines and escaped to our neighbor's treehouse in the back woods.  I ate all my food, got creeped by snapping twigs and wind whistling around the fort, and snuck home by dusk (dignity intact because I did not leave a note).  I jumped on the trampoline for a little while, then climbed into my window and went to bed.  Nobody even knew I was gone.  Oh well.

2 comments:

Bjorn to Rok said...

Poor Isaac. He can come run away to my house. Let me know if I need to make a bed for him!! Sure love you guys.

scooping it up said...

Aahhhh, I had this quote in my head for something just a few days ago and I am trying to get a face on the woman who says it so I can place the movie. It is bugging me! I can hear her voice, but it is escaping me. This note is priceless.