Isaac enjoyed teasing everybody when we took out the little original commode to work on the floor. He ran up the stairs holding his pants, spotted the toilet in the hallway and exclaimed, "Oh, I need that!" Then acted like he was going to use it as we all screamed NOOO!
First thing to go: Carpet (capitalized because it was a living thing). Second thing to go: weird little towel holder with swiveling prongs that I nearly poked my eye out with several times. Third thing to go: wallpaper. Then towel bars, knobs, fixtures and faucets, and on and on. How satisfying it was to dismantle this bathroom after years of cringing whenever I walked in to it. I'm especially fond of the floor: industrial cream and charcoal variegated tiles, which are totally indestructable.
Only thing left is to touch up the existing doors and woodwork, but that's nothing. I found this vintage Colgate & Co. advertisment in an old magazine at an antique store. It reminds us that "Beauty, of course, begins with cleanliness; and by its gentle, thorough cleansing, Cashmere Bouquet Soap will do as much for beauty as any soap can do. But along with cleanliness, dainty women appreciate the luxury and delight of fragrance... a fragrance that seems to be the natural perfume of a clean and radiant skin. This is what Cashmere Bouquet Soap brings to you... a purity and mildness that are unsurpassed... a perfume that is rare and infinitely alluring."
... And besides, he'll want to kiss your hand because of it.

6 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
I love the colors and the style of the bathroom. That advertisement is perfect for the colors and the style. Shall I just say Anna, I like your style. BTW, your bath curtain matches the wallpaper on your blog. Love it. Everything is coordinated.
OH! It's gorgeous! What's the color on the walls called, I love it!
Thanks, Jeannetta! It was true gray with a hint of dark yellow. I didn't want straight gray, but I wanted it neutral and clean. The guy at the paint store told me that with paint black is in the blue family, so adding yellow would turn it slightly greenish while staying in the gray family. This matched the stipples in the tile on the counter and tub, so I went with it. I'm happy with how it coordinates.
Annnnnnnnnna! Looks beautiful! Hope there is a big "do not disturb" sign on the outside of the door! Looks like a place where some serious time could be spent!
I stinkin' love this bathroom! Way to go!
Post a Comment