Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Dare

A bunch of boys were jumping on the trampoline at Gma's and Gpa's house.  Clara and some of her little girl cousins wanted to jump, and it was very much their turn.  In an effort to trick them out of it, the boys concocted a plan, "Clara, you girls can have your turn as soon as... as soon as you catch Grandma's rooster."  This bird is big, and this bird is strong and mean.  Nobody messes with this rooster.  Imagine their surprise when about three minutes later they were presented with:
They relinquished the trampoline for the rest of the afternoon, admitting that they were no match for Clara. 

Few people are.

9 comments:

Chace & Rivka said...

Speaking of chickens, I hear you have some very interesting photos... please post.

And Clara is beautiful and wonderful. Tell her for me, would you? On second thought, I think I'll call and tell her myself!

Melissa said...

Oh Clara, how we love her. How do we grow us a Clara? We miss you people and plan to come to see you soon. Not too soon, but soon!

J said...

Hilarious.

Amber said...

Wow, Clara is Awesome (with a capital A!)

Norris Fam said...

There is not even a doubt in my mind that there is no way in he** that I could have caught that rooster! Clara's my hero!

scooping it up said...

Oh Maggie girl. She has more spunk in her little finger than most souls on this planet. Love her. Love the picture.

Just Us said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Actually, we tried to make her catch the other rooster too, but then it was time for dessert so we all went inside while the girls jumped because we decided that they at least should be able to jump a little. I know it, I'm a mean big brother! ;(


Jacob (Mean big brother!)

Kristal said...

Bwahhahaha, that's so my Kam. She'll catch any animal. Chickens and roosters are her speciality. I love our little country raised girls!!!