Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Failing

Do you ever wonder if you're failing as a parent?  It's things like these church time doodlings that make me ask that very question.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Um...that is HILARIOUS! We miss those crazy kids!

Annalea said...

I recently read that children play act grown up roles because it makes them feel as though they're powerful and in control (fireman, policeman, doctor, house, etc). Maybe the first one is another instance of that . . .

And the second one . . . well, I'm guessing one of your boys did that one. 'Nuff said. ;o)

Thanks for sharing! (It's good to know I'm not alone. lol)

J said...

Hee, hee.

Amber said...

Awesome! I love it! I don't know why I always feel the need to comment. I just wanted to share that I always enjoy your blog. :) (As I do every time, I suppose)

HAMISH AND ELLEN said...

Oh Anna! This made my entire day!! =)

Norris Fam said...

I love the stick person at the bottom who looks like he sliding in the home plate just to save himself from the stick if the poor innocent baby does the unthinkable...so, so funny!

Miss you (do I say that every time I leave a comment?)

Norris Fam said...

Oops...I meant save himself from the STINK (not stick).

Chace & Rivka said...

I am cracking up over here. Those are hilarious. May I ask which of your charming children was the artist? And Isaac's quotes at the top: priceless.

Allens, Inc. said...

Jacob is the artist, who probably does have control issues (first picture) and has it out for his sister (second picture). And I'm impressed at the accuracy with which you interpret the pictures, Carrie. That's exactly how Jacob described it to me! Just in case you can't read what the tyrant is saying in the first, "Get moving, SLAVES!"

Sheri said...

sorry to say... but that is hilarious!!! I am still laughing!
SHERI

Meredith said...

Oh my goodness. I cannot stop laughing. Those frowny faces and bare feet on the "slaves" are awesome. Did he draw these both on the same Sunday?

Julie said...

Those are so funny, Anna! What a talent and creative artist you have on your hands :-).