Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

James is 2!

Two months ago, actually. Though we documented the occasion thoroughly, I neglected to post anything about it. However, as I organized pictures tonight I came across this little video of the kids enthusiastically singing Happy Birthday to James. I think he was getting into the spirit of it.

On another happy note, I was feeling thristy one warm morn this summer during a little family trip in central Oregon. I grabbed the nearest cup, filled it with agua and drank deeply, eyes closed. I felt a tickle on my upper lip, opened my eyes and shrieked louder than I have in a long time as I threw the cup across the kitchen.


Though unwelcome, it was a beautiful creature and my siblings and I had a good laugh about it. In retrospect, I should have given it to Isaac to see if he was hungry.

3 comments:

Bjorn to Rok said...

I love your kiddos. They have more personality then most, I would say.

Norris Fam said...

Holy macro! What in the heck is that beastly creature?

Amber said...

Yikes! I love the birthday song. Your kids are quite the performers! :)