Quote of the Day, part XLIV

Me, during Family Home Evening: "How can we repent of 'persecuting your brother'?"
William: "Pick me! I just barely did it!"

Jacob, when I showed him the twin coverlet I had purchased for his bed right before we moved:
"I like that. Whoa, wait! Are we really going to get beds that big?"
Me, thinking that this boy has been sleeping on a camping cot on the floor for entirely too long.
This move didn't come a day too early!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Hope you all had a hippity happity Halloween!

Baby James, the gimpy lion. He was going to be a horse/donkey (depending on who you ask), but his leg wouldn't fit, so we had to make a last minute adjustment.

Mr. Tumnus the fawn dressed as Superman and saving the world one damsel in distress at a time. He took his job VERY seriously.

Our sweet Raggedy Ann. Below is Clara closely inspecting her make-up, thus far.

Isaac as Harry Potter. He was casting spells on people all night long, complete with British accent.

Jacob the wicked Storm Trooper. Surprised any of us survived the war-torn night!

And...the original Maxwell Smart and Agent 99 are on it. Don't you worry about a thing! (At a costume party earlier in the week.)

Of course, what would Halloween be without a huge pumpkin mess?




James, decorating his pumpkin, and his sleeper, and his highchair.



William with his Halloween face on. He drew one half, and we helped him carve the other, but this was his favorite side. That's him upside down.




Clara, with a self-portrait of "when I'm mad."





Isaac was especially proud of the opening in his pumpkin. Very...intricate.




Jacob was hoping everyone would notice that his pumpkin was sick. Can you tell?

Spooky front porch. You had to duck through the cobwebs to trick-or-treat at this house. The kids were delighted every time they heard someone squeal about getting stuck in the webs. Fun night. Too much candy, but fun night.

7 comments:

Bjorn to Rok said...

Okay, well, Mr. James Gray is the cutest little lion. William makes a super superman, and I am very confident that he would rescue me if I were in trouble. Clara, Clara, Clara, I love that girl. She is getting so pretty, I love her hair in the picture of her looking in the mirror. Isaac looks great with black hair. I have to admit, I'm very glad I wasn't there for him to cast a spell on me. I think it would have something to do with my crazy hair. Jacob looks awesome, and very strong! And Anna and Michael, love the costumes! Anna you especially look good. I love the hair. You need to cut your hair like that. It's so cute!!

kristal said...

First, jealous of your red door, that's one of my big goals in life...to own a big red front door.
Second, jealous of the hot mama maxwell costume.
Third, I thought that was the real Harry Potter!

Norris Fam said...

You and Michael look way HOT baby!

Norris Fam said...

ooooooh the blue house look beeeeeautiful!

Whitney said...

anna, it would be nice if your friends would actually call you back when you call them. so sorry. i will call you this week. you are a diamond in the jewels of my friendships. how's that for a compliment. i miss you too. wish you had been here tonight to wildly spin. and i miss your little goslings. loved willie's quote at the top of your blog. i want to tuck him in and kiss his little head. so sweet.

Allens, Inc. said...

I like this picture of William because his body is like Mr. Tumnus, the Fawn.

Anonymous said...

I wanna know what Willie is doing with his left hand... his constume does look a little bunchy...
Adorable. And pretty hair Nan.