Every two years another baby bird tries out its wings, and I assume it will get easier, but it never does. My sweet daughter waved an apprehensive good-bye this morning as she stepped into her kindergarten class. I confess that I was temporarily undone. However, midget #4 was having a harder time than I was, so pulled myself together for his sake. I always forget how much the younger one depends on the next older one. Jake will always be the alpha male to be revered by his siblings (and rightly so), but Isaac and Clara loved each other and it was hard for her to see him go. Clara and Will are the same. And I'm sure, though James, at the ripe age of one, is already a professional at driving Will up the wall, that these two little boys will feel it when Willy leaves for school also. Enough blubbering. I'm sure most of you reading understand my feelings today. A pictoral sequence of events:
Our happy school-bound quartet. (James was still in bed.)
Waiting for the bus at our corner. Only the boys ride in the morning, then they all come home together. William, trying to bug his mom...in all ways. Port-A-Potty in the background that the painter had delivered so he doesn't have to come inside. Guess who was the very first person to use it (and continues to on occasion). Yep. Clara.

Little Clara Margaret, just before I dropped her off at school (afternoon kindergarten).

A dejected William getting left behind. We had to take our lunches to the park to make up for it.
Will voicing his worries about sister. Will she ever come back?

A happy crowd comes home on the bus to a happy crowd.

Rejoicing, Will embraces his sister. What did we do without her all those three hours??
8 comments:
CUTE!
That little WILL... could be a mini.me of Jacob. Holy cow... having a flashback right now!
"hey risa... how's your Uterus?"
Jacob, Jacob! I had forgotten about that. He is never going to live that one down! Thanks for reminding me!
Ahhh, little William...I know another Will here in Texas that is experiencing the same sense of angst.
I have played more rounds of puppy hide and seek last week with my youngest now that his sibling playmates are MIA.
That picture of William on the sidewalk is sweet. *Tear*
Oh Anna, I love your blog! You do a great job and your kids are so dang cute! Saying goodbye at the start of each year is never easy; however, cleaning the house when one more kid is gone sure is! Hope all is well, you look great! Love, Angie
I love the play by play, I really felt like I was there! And that picture of poor William sitting on the curb...that one is sad. He could have gotten anything out of me at that moment...let's go to the store and buy you a new toy to make you feel better! We need to live closer!
Clara looks so much older now! Luke still refers to Pinyon as Clara's street. He's started preschool this year and Owen is missing him..and so it begins
Am I terrible for not only NOT feeling the motherhood pangs as birdie #2 left the nest, but not even REMEMBERING that I was SUPPOSED to until Curtis told me about a reporter he was talking to at the school when dropped the kids off asking how I was doing with the transition. Um...just fine and dandy, thanks.
I guess it's been a long summer.
Hey, uh, Anna! In that second picture of my cousins goin to skool, :-) William has a sandal coupled with a sock on his right foot and a flip-flop on the other (plus he is grabbing himself). Too cute and waaaaay hilarious!
Sarah
Post a Comment